Senior Team Manager/Educator - Rehab/Sports Medicine - Orlando
Company: Florida Hospital
Posted on: August 13, 2017
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation - Adanson offers physical, occupational and speech therapy and specializes in treating adolescent, adult and elderly patients for orthopedic and sports medicine injuries as well as neurological diagnoses. Other specialty programs include neuromuscular reeducation, massage therapy and a medical fitness program that is supervised by an exercise physiologist. Our highly skilled team, including several Neuro-IFRAH certified therapists, work together to deliver excellent care.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Manages multi-program/multi-setting and corporate partnerships by maintaining a therapeutic philosophy including program development, productivity statistics, standards of practice, process improvement, revenue and expense management and assessing staffing needs.
- Plans, develops and implements educational programs as they relate to the electronic medical record, clinical competency and mandatory education.
- Supervises multidisciplinary licensed managers and collaborates in their evaluation, development and counseling.
- Coordinates activities of care responsibilities including the assurance that the managers and staff adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation related discipline (Physical or Occupational Therapy) or Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- Minimum of five years in a clinical setting (Hospital, Outpatient, Home Health, SNF)
- Supervisory/administrative experience
- Ability and knowledge to interpret and facilitate implementation of Occupational and Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy practice standards (preferred)
- Computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows (preferred)
- Business development knowledge (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida license in a Rehabilitation-related discipline (OT, PT or ST)
- CPR certification
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Acts a liaison between the Florida Hospital Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Campus Council/Leadership and other hospital staff, physicians, patients and/or patient families in order to investigate, respond and resolve complaints. Disseminates pertinent information to appropriate staff members as observed by Director. Is accountable for the implementation of specific campus or system initiatives and for corporate partnerships.
- Actively participates in the planning, mentoring and implementation of employee engagement and customer and stakeholder's satisfaction.
- Provides for the planning, development, mentoring and implementation of managers and staff development based on mandatory requirements and identified learning needs. Conducts annual needs assessments and plans training and educational programs for rehabilitation staff. Maintains records required by accreditation and certifying agencies.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the planning and development of education materials or programs for patient/family/physician education. Coordinates and presents educational programs as indicated. Plans, develops and coordinates competency-based education programs in collaboration with Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine management.
- Systematically monitors process improvement initiatives, documents results and deploys information to staff and managers for appropriate actions. Supports and facilitates the Clinical Excellence Program and residencies.
- Responsible for providing expertise in the analysis, development and testing of the electronic medical record content by acting as a liaison between Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine and MIS. Responsible for the development and implementation of change management plans. May be actively involved as a trainer for the end user
- Orients new managers and staff to assigned area to familiarize them with area processes, equipment, safety and business plans as demonstrated by staff correctly carrying-out patient care according to policies, procedures and protocols.
- Participates in marketing of the Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine programs in the hospital, community and to medical personnel as indicated.
- Systematically provides managers with feedback regarding their performance, counsels managers as needed, documents counseling sessions and monitors compliance. As appropriate, completes manager performance appraisals within established timeframe.
- Supports strategies to achieve metrics established as part of the business plan and strategies to maintain area-specific productivity standards as observed.
- When available and as required, assists with 'Duties and Responsibilities' following manager's job description.
- Complies and ensures managers' and staff compliance with FH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds' results. Takes responsibility of the environment of care by monitoring and taking action as needed.
- Insert bulleted responsibility here (remove bullet points before copying)
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Senior Team Manager/Educator opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Rehab, Manager, Sports Medicine
Keywords: Florida Hospital, Orlando, Senior Team Manager/Educator - Rehab/Sports Medicine - Orlando, Other, Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!